Life Lately Recap

Let’s play catch up and take this recap back to last Tuesday.
We worked on our Valentine’s.  Can I just say Sharpie pens and children absolutely terrify me?!  I explained to Eliza to be careful with the Sharpie next to her Matilda Jane dress, her face, my face, the chair, the table…  She did her absolute best and she managed to not get a mark anywhere other than her class list and on the Oreo Valentin’s themselves, but man, that sure was a stressful thirty minutes of my life.  No doubt I now have five new gray hairs.

This was how I felt once we finished up, too!  I promptly collected the Sharpies and packed them away…way, way, waaaaaay high up in the cabinets away… 😉

On Tuesday we had an ice storm.  I swear our winter has been compacted into the month of February and it’s been absolutely nuts.  Surprisingly I haven’t minded it much…I mean, I could use a break here and there, but as far as the weather, I’ve found it fun and interesting to watch!
I mean, look at our slider doors…those aren’t opaque, you guys.  What you see here are sheets of ice covering both sliders.

That’s ice on our screen!  Crazy, right?!

To fill in the time I worked on some CandyGrams for the Boosters.  I rather enjoyed assembling these candy bars with CandyGrams from students at the 4th and 5th grade levels.  Reading some of the messages were quite entertaining, too!  

The ice slowly melted as the day progressed.  So we ventured out to take Eliza to see the Doctor.  She was still fighting a fever and it just wouldn’t end.

Catching some HUGE snowflakes on the way into the Doctor.
Poor girl.  I could tell she wanted to feel normal, but she just couldn’t rid herself of that darn fever.  The nurse took her temp and it was 98.6.  Go figure.  Her temp had been all over the place for days.  So strange.  They checked her tonsils.  They were enlarged and we all kind of figured it was Strep.  Nope.  Nothing there either.  It was truly a mystery illness.  We started her on antibiotics and she’s been great ever since…thank goodness.
The next day was another snow day.  It was a good one because it wasn’t like the Polar Vortex when the kids couldn’t go outside at all.  Henry went outside a handful of times, as did Eliza and myself.  I didn’t do much sledding, more of just watching and taking in the moments.
Having another day off for Eliza also meant that she had another day to recover without having to miss a day of school due to her fever.

Girlfriend was feeling MUCH better!  Jon and I just wanted our Eliza back!

Henry’s rosy cheeks after sledding down the hill.  I swear he’s an elf…  🙂

On Thursday we celebrated Valentine’s Day.  Eliza’s class/school had several activities in the morning.

I loved spending time with my little lady!

Henry’s Valentine’s Day party was at 3.  I had my NST at 11:30.  I left Eliza’s school at 11, drove up the expressway to my Doctor’s office, drank a ton of water to get baby to move, sat for fifteen minutes while listening to that sweet little heartbeat and then I was done.  I drove over to a store to pick up some Annie Sloan’s Chalk Paint for the crib and then drove back to our town to get in some grocery shopping. I had just enough time to get groceries so long as I kept moving.  Silly me, we live in a somewhat small town so of course I ran into several people I knew…not complaining, but I need to remind myself that it’s basically impossible to not see people at the grocery store and that I should always, ALWAYS allot for extra “visiting” time whilst in aisle five.  LOL!
I checked-out, beelined it home, threw all I had into the refrigerator and drove straight to Henry’s school for his class party.
Upon walking in Henry gave me the biggest hug EVER.  In fact, anytime I go to see him at school it’s as if he hasn’t seen me for months.  I love, love, love it.  I was just telling Jon the other day that he needs to go in to see Henry because I can guarantee he’ll be the same way with Jon.  This boy is as lovable as lovable can be!  

We were able to leave school a little early and brother thought it was the coolest thing ever that we were allowed to leave.

We picked up Eliza and when the kids walked through the door they found all of this sitting on our dining room table!
It was like Christmas Day!  Henry and Eliza hugged and hugged and hugged me some more!

Look at these two with their little Valentine gifts.  Happy much?!

The kids then walked some Valentine’s over to the neighbors…  I like how there’s a question mark where it asks who it’s from.  LOL!

On Friday I painted the nursery and then later in the day I started in on the crib…
Jon painted the back office/mudroom later in the afternoon!  The main level of our house has officially been repainted!  WooHoo!!!
Eliza wanted to help out, too…which was once again terrifying.  I told her I needed help on the back side of the crib.  Ha!  See what I did there? 😉

On Saturday we headed an hour north to take Henry to a belated birthday party at an extreme air sports recreation type place…I don’t even know how to describe this awesome place.  The other three boys rode together, but we decided to drive Henry since I’d been wanting to visit some baby stores AND we were meeting my parents for dinner later that day.
To my surprise there weren’t any actual baby stores in the area.  Target was close by, which sounded wonderful to me!  While in Target I picked up a nursing bra and a new maternity shirt.  We meant to purchase a baby bathtub, but as we were making our purchases I noticed lots of, what seemed to be, adult hair almost stuck to the the bath itself.  I couldn’t deal.  We kindly gave the bathtub to the woman checking us out…she was even a little concerned over the amount of hair stuck to this tub…  LOL!  So odd…and gross.
Long story short, I now have a baby bathtub in my Amazon cart…hair free.  😉
We met with my parents for dinner and by the time we arrived back home it was closer to 9 p.m.  What a great day – hairy bathtubs and all!
On Sunday we took our time waking up.  Henry ran next door to play with the neighbor boys and Eliza stayed back and assisted Jon with the assembling of a dresser for the nursery.  She was such a good little helper.
Girlfriend also made the kitty feel like a princess – as you can see, he loved it! 😉

I worked on laundry, made dinner and cleaned up the house.
My sister and her family came into town on Sunday evening and it was such a pleasant surprise!
They came over to visit for about two hours on Sunday night.
Monday was a busy one…
We had our construction guys come and change out our fourth delivery of our bathroom vanity.  The vanity we’ve been using has had a crack in it and Wayfair has since sent us three other vanities.  Two others also had cracks, but Wayfair was wonderful and just kept sending us new ones, along with a $200 credit for our troubles.  “The guys,” as we like to call them, arrived nice and early at 7 a.m. on Monday morning to install the new vanity.  This meant our entire vanity had to be cleared out for the THIRD time.
I set out all of our clothes the night before and Jon moved the kids to the basement to eat breakfast before we had to leave for yet another Doctor’s appointment.  I felt bad dragging the kids out of the house so early on their day off.  My appointment was at 9.  We were a few minutes late due to the back roads being absolutely terrible…but we made it!
I was also checked on Monday.  For those who care, baby is still super high and there’s really nothing to report.  *shrugs shoulders*
After my appointment we rushed back home.  A nurse had called in some medication for this awful indigestion that’s been keeping me up all night…unfortunately I was told at the pharmacy that it wouldn’t be filled unit today.  BOOOO!  What’s one more night of reflux and burning, right?
My sister and her family came back over to my house to visit for a couple of hours and then we took the kids to their dental appointments.  Great news – no cavities!  WooHoo!
After our appointments I said goodbye to my sister and her fam and then the kids and I came home and stayed home.  We had a makeup dance class that we didn’t attend and we skipped out on Henry’s Little Ninja class.  Both were scheduled at just about the same time; 6 and 6:20.  Jon arrived home after 6, so I’m not even entirely sure we would have made it to either activity anyway.
Now here we are.  It’s Tuesday and methinks we may have some sort of routine in our lives for the remainder of the week.
The sun is shining, Eliza requested braids in her hair, I plan to ignore the laundry for a bit longer and I get to pick up my indigestion/heartburn medication today!  I’ll take it!

Happy, happy, happy Tuesday, friends!
Marie 🙂
I’m linking up with Lindsay for Hello Monday.

Similar Posts


  1. Oh my gosh, so much to say!! you guys have been having the same weather as us! I'm all about winter/snow but I think I'm pretty much ready for Spring and maybe just some 40's LOL. So glad Eliza is feeling better!! I love when I see my kids at school too, they hug me the same way and it's awesome!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *