Life Lately – First Week of Summer Vacation

So, over the weekend I decided to play catch up on all things life.  It wouldn’t have felt right to go on about my summer without having had blogged about some pretty significant events that had recently taken place in our lives.  If you’ve got lots of time on your hands and feel as though you want to catch up on life over at Marie’s, please go right on ahead and do so!  If not, believe me…I totally get it.  It was a lot for me to even blog about, but like I said, it had to be done!
I caught up and blogged about:
As for what we’ve been up to lately, well both kids are now out of school and those first couple of days were glorious!  Nowhere to be, no plans, no agenda, no lunches to pack, no need to turn off the cartoons and no frantic rush out the door.  Just me and my babies.  Glorious.
We had just come off of Henry’s last day of school, Eliza’s first dance recital and Eliza’s 5th birthday party which was held two Sundays ago.  We slept in on Monday and decided later that morning to head to the library to sign up for their summer reading program and we loaded up on more books than I could carry!

Henry was really wanting to read a bunch of Berenstain Bears books, so once we arrived back at home we cuddled up on the couch and I kid you not, we read for over two hours!!!  I know this because the library switched our reading program from “pages read” to “minutes read,” so we had set a timer to keep track!

Eliza kept herself busy during the last thirty minutes or so and busted out some wigs and dress up clothes while I finished up with Henry…
Tuesday consisted of me neglecting any sort of housework that had to be done and then unfortunately by Wednesday I was feeling pretty under the weather.  Sniffles, cough, sore throat, you name it…  I’m thinking it was, and still is, an extreme case of allergies.

By Wednesday I finally decided to start in on a project – organizing our front closet and finally putting away out winter gear.  I had washed the kids’ snow pants, coats, hats and mittens with the intent of putting them away for the season waaaaay back in April, but then the cold weather and snow just wouldn’t give up, so I finally threw in the towel and never put any of the gear away…that was until Wednesday!

I also decided to be extreme and only keep and put away what we use year after year.  You guys, I got rid of soooo many mittens, boots, hats and scarves!  Goodwill will be receiving a shipment of winter goodies from me later today!  It feels so good to know that when I open that tote again this fall that it’s organized and only full of what is needed.  The process, however, was a messy one!  Hey, it had to get worse before it could get better, right?!

On Thursday I decided that although I wasn’t feeling 100% that that didn’t mean I should keep the kids home and inside the house for another day.  So we woke up, I sucked it up and we headed to the zoo!!!  I had originally planned on hitting up some Target on the way home (you guys – I haven’t been in one in over a year!!!  So sad!), but we were all pretty tired, so we did the next best thing and found a drive-thru Starbucks!  Such a fun day…

Friday consisted of just hanging out, cleaning, playing and basically just taking it easy.  Henry received Jenga blocks from Grandma and Grandpa Koyl and although I’ve showed before how to play the actual game once before and again on this day, both kids seem more interested in building with them!

On Saturday one of my favorite stores opened up for a few hours so we headed a couple towns over to see what was new in the shop…

This bathroom!!!

I tried on this romper and it was incredibly comfy and so, so, sooo cute.  Just not sure it’s me or if I could pull it off.  I’d love to wear this kind of stuff, though!!!

Later on Saturday I got picked up and headed to one of my girlfriend’s house for a pool party.  It downpoured the majority of the time (we did manage to hop in the pool once the storms passed by) so we set ourselves up in the garage and oh-my-gosh, it was so much fun!  It was just what I needed.  I love these ladies so much!  I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have them in my life…

So good!

I was given a ride home the night before, hopped into bed at around 1 a.m. and fell fast asleep.  The next morning (Sunday) was mine and Jon’s 12th wedding anniversary.  We usually don’t do a darn thing for each other for our anniversary, so this year I didn’t even buy Jon a card. 
Go figure – as I woke up, I saw this…
He gets me.  😉

Later in the evening we decided to head out to dinner.  Mama was tired and it being our anniversary and all we decided not to cook.  We seriously have maaaaybe ten sit-down restaurants in the area, so we picked Buffalo Wild Wings as our place of romance!  Haha!  Hey, I was all for some onion rings! LOL
I love him…

As everyone headed for bed, I turned on the Tony’s and this kid was the cherry on top of my weekend!  Did anyone else see this?!  I was dying!!!

Aaaaaaaand that’s it.  Whew.  I think I’m all caught up!!!
Hopefully now I can blog some home tour stuff and DIY projects!
Thanks for sticking around, friends!!!
Marie 🙂
I’m linking up over at Hello Monday!

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *